Monday, August 27, 2012

September 11 Memorial

As many of you know, I live in New York City.  I moved here around 8 years ago and have participated in the most significant love/hate relationship of my life.  It's as though I had to come to this place to learn the lessons of polarity in a major way.  I no longer hate New York and I no longer love New York, or maybe I do both but I just don't attach that much to actually experiencing those extremes any longer.  Back to the point, as for many of you September 11 was an incredibly trying moment in my life.  It isn't just the fact that so many people died that day which is a tragedy within itself, but the months and years of wars to follow resulting in the deaths of tens on thousands of people.  This changed the vibration of earth, in a deeply spiritual way-it has made us all sick, many of us aren't even aware.

Much is to be said about the conflicting opinions on the forces that drove 9/11, and I certainly honor that we all have our own politics, ideas and theories about why the event happened.  I also understand that our opinions are significantly more sharpened regarding what motivated the war that we are still somewhat engaged in to this day, however I am bringing light to September 11 for what I believe to be a very important reason.
Sunday, on my way into the city I accidentally missed my change in trains and ended up having to change at Fulton St.  For those of you who don't live here, the Fulton St, Cortland St and Chambers St Stations were the Subway Stations most violently effected by the collapsing of the twin towers, they are also the stations that lead to the 9/11 memorial.  Anyhow the walk from one train to a different train line in the Fulton St Station can be quite a hike, what I experienced that I haven't experienced before is the constant movement of entities around me.  I literally felt a sort of oppression in my breathing, and felt as though beings were putting their hands through me.  Every few seconds were new goose bumps from where something else had just touched me.  What I felt very prevalently is an immense sense of sadness, at some point I recognized that I needed to stand still and allow myself to be surrounded.  My husband was standing next to me and though he could sense that something was happening he wasn't himself experiencing it.  I decided to help these beings go home by creating a Reiki Portal.  Using Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen, Cho Ku Rei and Sei Hei Ki I opened a portal through space and time providing them safe passage for their journey home.   After a few minutes I felt the absence of movement and a stillness that pervaded the space around me.  It worked.  I am writing this because I realize that there is still a great deal of healing that needs to be focused around September 11.  On the surface it would appear that the friends and families of victims of September 11 are contained to mostly residents of New York, but I sense that this dynamic must be understood in a more layered manner.  That in a more profound way we were all made to be victims of what happened that day.  This message does not serve to take any validity away from those were affected first hand, but acknowledge the rest of us who have lovingly suffered these losses alongside them, in our own ways.

For this end I would like to put together a Mass Reiki Healing Circle and for those of you who are not Reiki practitioners, the power of your prayers and your intentions are invaluable to this effort.  I will physically be at 9/11 memorial on September 9 at 2pm and I will begin a Reiki healing a 2:15pm EST. I invite you all to shine your light onto this shadow that still looms over our nation and humanity.  We can change this for the better, we can heal this situation, we can be united.


*please see note below


*If this conversation sparks up a need to share your experience surrounding these issues, please do so. I know that it remains a loaded memory for many people.  I will encourage that everyone be compassionate toward the experience of others, this is a safe place to share.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole I thought about you on Sunday - and sent Reiki Energy... what was your experience on Sunday? Yesterday MSNBC replayed minute by minute there exact coverage of Sept 11 -- I could only watch part of it and it took me back everything I experienced... Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,

    My apologies for only getting to you now. Thank you for sending your intention our way. I wrote about the physical and visceral experience of what happened on another post called, 'quiet time'. I think it's sort of sickening the way that mainstream media replays the events of tragedies on their anniversaries in the same way that they would feature a play-by-play of a significant sporting event. I am sorry that you were effected adversely by this. I am sending light to you and many blessings to empower your voice and mission.

    Love,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete